13 BONE-CHILLING REASONS TO VISIT NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
Two New Haunts, THE DEAD ONES and BOOGEYMAN | Opens Friday, September 27
ATLANTA: Do you believe in the superstitions that revolve around Friday the 13th? Well, Netherworld has been bringing those superstitions to life for more than 17 years! With bigger special effects, more terrifying monsters and two new haunts, Netherworld announces 13 reasons their 2013 season will leave attendees screaming for more:
1. The path through NETHERWORLD is LONGER than 6 football fields!
2. There are more than 250 special effects and animatronic creatures at NETHERWORLD including a 40 Foot Long Spinning Tunnel, more than a Dozen Giant Monsters, a 20 Foot Rocking Room and in 2013…more than two dozen ghostly projections!
3. The Museum at NETHERWORLD features a rare collection of skulls and bones from around the globe, Crypto zoological Artifacts, and real 2,000 year old Mummy Wrappings!
4. NETHERWORLD contains many sets and props for major movies including Chainsaws from “Zombieland,” Massive Candelabras from “Van Helsing” and a complete Basement Set from the soon to be released “Prisoners” movie featuring Hugh Jackman. Additional props from movies such as “Pet Sematary 2,” “The Mummy” and “Saw” (to name just a few) can be found in the aforementioned museum.
5. NETHERWORLD is one of the most famous Haunted Houses in the world and has become a regular destination for those traveling from each of the 50 states and abroad.
6. In the 17 years since it began, NETHERWORLD has produced 35 uniquely themed haunted attractions!
7. NETHERWORLD icon creature creator Bill “Splat” Johnson’s handiwork can been seen in dozens of movies and TV show’s including “Eight Legged Freaks,” “Halloween 2,” “Zombieland,” “The Sleepaway Camp” sequels, “The Hunger Games Catching Fire” and “The Walking Dead.”
8. NETHERWORLD employs well over 300 people every Halloween Season.
9. NETHERWORLD chief make-up artist and creature fabricator Roy Wooley was a fan favorite on season 3 of SyFy Channel’s Face Off…so much so that he was asked back to compete again this year on season 5.
10. The owners of NETHERWORLD are some of the most well known designers and producers in the Haunt Industry, having written numerous articles, given dozens of seminars, developed and managed countless special events and have founded and sat on the boards of every major Haunt Association that has ever been formed.
11. Many Celebrities have visited NETHERWORLD including Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, CM Punk, Chandler Riggs, Evander Hollyfield, Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins, three-time (eight nominations) Oscar winning makeup artist Ve Neill, Andre 3000 of Outkast, Jermanie Dupree and Bow Wow!
12. NETHERWORLD is widely considered one of the Scariest and Best Haunted Attractions in the world and has been included in countless top haunt lists over the years including Number One Rankings in Fangoria, USA Today and Hauntworld Magazine.
13. Many of the costumes, creatures and special effects at NETHERWORLD are absolutely unique and cannot be seen anywhere else in the world!
Opening weekend for Atlanta’s top haunt is September 27 & 28, then open nightly from Friday, October 4th through Sunday, November 3. For more information and to purchase tickets visit: www.fearworld.com.
ABOUT NETHERWORLD Haunted House: NETHERWORLD is a self-guided, dark attraction known for its over-the-top special effects, intense make-up, elaborate costuming, skilled stunt actors, unique monsters, unusual themes and chilling detail. Since it began 17 years ago, NETHERWORLD has been voted by industry peers such as Hauntworld Magazine, Fangoria and USA Today as the top haunt in the nation and has received national attention from local and national media such as CNN, The Today Show, The Early Show, The Travel Channel and Wall Street Journal. This innovative horror experience continues to improve and expand every Halloween season, drawing legions of thrill seekers to discover what new nightmares lurk in the twisting corridors of Atlanta’s ultimate haunted house! Visit www.fearworld.com or call 404-608-2484 for more information. Follow NETHERWORLD on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hauntedatlanta or Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetherworldHauntedHouse.
Media Contact: Tara Murphy | Brianna Wagenbrenner – 360 Media, Inc. – 404.577.8686 or email@example.com